RMH Implements Visitor Restrictions During Flu Season
Richland Memorial Hospital is currently seeing an increase in patients testing positive for influenza. As a result, RMH is implementing temporary visitor restrictions until the state influenza activity level falls to “Sporadic” or below. The health of our patients, visitors, and employees is of the utmost importance to us.
Temporary visitation guidelines are as follows:
- Visitors will be limited to two (2) at a time in the facility.
- People twenty four (24) years of age and younger are strongly encouraged NOT to visit; this includes the Main Lobby, cafeteria and other waiting areas.
- Pregnant women and people with chronic conditions, particularly respiratory, are discouraged from visiting patients.
- If any of the following apply to you, please postpone your plans to visit:
- You have flu-like symptoms including cough, sore throat, fever, nasal congestion, muscle aches, vomiting or diarrhea.
- You have had contact with someone who has flu-like symptoms within the past (7) days.
- Visitation exceptions may be made on a case by case basis as approved by the Administrative Team.
- People who have outpatient appointments are highly encouraged to come to appointments without their children.
- Masks, tissues and hand sanitizer will be available at entry and registration areas.
We appreciate your assistance with following these temporary guidelines during flu season.